Updates

Saturday, January 17, 2009

Need to Learn More Foreign Language

more n more foreign labour working in m'sia, especially in restaurant, we served by the foreign waiter/waitress.. i'm not sure about indian or malay, but for those chinese educated, they find it hard to speak other language in tis multi-racial country, (i was one of them..) yet they were taught and stil able to speak simple bahasa, such as..

"berapa ini?"
"saya mau xxxx..."
"kera (kira)!!"

so on and so forth..

but now, even harder, after the existence of foreign worker from myanmar, indonesia, etc into our country..

me: "teh bing satu.."
foreign waiter: "............"
me: "err.. i wan teh bing, one..."
foreign waiter : "one...?"
me: "..... teh ice?"
he look at me n "smile nervously"
i took out the menu and point at it
"teh ice"
foreign waiter: "... nai cha?"
me :"ya!"
in my heart: "$%&*!@#........"

shldn have order common drinks, then i'll have the menu in hand n point at the drinks when i order.. dun even need to speak...

No comments: