Updates

Friday, February 29, 2008

God's Will

"This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us. And if we know that he hears us—whatever we ask—we know that we have what we asked of him." 1 John 5:14-15 (NIV)

what a great word of God! He hears us, we will have whatever we asked of Him. but read carefully, "ask anything according to his will". what does it mean by "his will". i was excited and receiving this word of God by faith but when come to God's will, what does it mean? that makes me think of "Terms & Conditions Applied". i look for practical way of understanding of God's will, instead of doing so, God opened my heart to receive this word.

God wants us to be saved, so He gave us eternal life. this is God's will
(John 3:16; Romans 10:9-10,13)
God wants to have a relationship with us, so He created everything before He created human, for that man may enjoy everything that He has created. this is God's will
(Gen 1:1-27)

God's will is God's want, God's desire. what God wants, what God has for us. God already has everything we need, we ask things that He prepared for us and receive it by faith. we have a lot of things in our mind, we want this, we want that, we even come to God and ask "God, by faith, i know You will bless me what i want, so i want this!" i used to said this to God. but what God says? what He thinks? our desire should align with God's desire.
"Delight yourself in the LORD and he will give you the desires of your heart." Psalm 37:4
it doesn't mean that we can't ask for our needs. we could ask God for study, work, family, personal desire and etc based on God's will, if God say yes to our prayer, God will surely do what He has promised,
"I have placed before you an open door that no one can shut" Rev 3:8
we just wait unto the Lord by doing what is right in front of us; if God say no then we just have to obey. God knows our desire, He's already have what is deeply in your heart. knowing yes or no from God need effort which is spending time with Him, pray and read His word - Bible.
"For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened." Matt 7:8

during my first job, i was struggling, cause i faced a lot of difficulties, i prayed to God so that i can handle job well and everything goes smooth, you know what? situation wasn't changed and still the same, God didn't answer my prayer? "but i prayed!" i said. but what God wants is to bring me to a better working environment, He wants me to know that i can do something better. and now i'm working in a better working environment, and doing something with the talent that God given me, the past was letting me know how little i've trust God. however, this is not the destiny, i believe God will bring me to places that He wants me to go, doing something He wants me to do.

don't ask me what is God's will in my life, i'm seeking God's will everyday.

No comments: